Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Update on Instant Replay

It looks like instant replay will happen in baseball, possibly later this season. Here's what I: wrote about it last month:

I'm in favor of instant replay in baseball ONLY if the system can be completely seamless and not interrupt the flow of the game. Since it's doubtful those two criteria can be met, you could call me anti-replay.


I still believe that, but I'm starting to soften my "anti-replay" sentiment because I'm starting to believe that baseball might actually get it right and NOT interrupt the flow of the game. Also, it looks like they're going to focus on home run calls and other boundary plays, which umpires should try to get right.

However, if after a month of trying it out and working out the kinks, it's taking more than several minutes to decide these calls, then all bets are off.

No comments:

ShareThis